Yo Mamma & Yo Daddy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Christianity is one of the best religions?

2 posters

Go down

Is Christianity is one of the best religions? Empty Is Christianity is one of the best religions?

Post by Jedi_Will Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:54 am

There is a huge history behind Christianity. It has gone through violence, but is more subdued now. Other comparable religions have there own set era of violence, but is it the religion or the people or both?

Jedi_Will

Back to top Go down

Is Christianity is one of the best religions? Empty Re: Is Christianity is one of the best religions?

Post by SinCere Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:06 am

I personally think its all a battle of control. People take things too far always wanting to control what we believe or how we celebrate each religion. I don't mind the idea of different religions because in the end its all really the same concept, we're all celebrating a higher power. God is not a man nor a woman. He is almighty in every religion, just has a different face to them and even different practices. Yet all still based on the same premise that we have a higher power. I watched a history channel documentary the other night where there were scientists that use science to back the "idea" of a higher power. Stating: "Even if the big bang theory is true, who was behind the big bang?" Basically stating that even if we all did evolve, who made that possible? Who put that single cell there to start evolving in the first place? It didn't just appear out of no where. The other backing concept is, some people claim to see evil things, ghosts, etc... If people can believe in all of that, they have to believe in God. Without God there is no devil, therefore none of that. I also think its arrogant of us not to think there are other beings out there. God mad US in his image, that doesn't mean he didn't make them in a different image.

SinCere

Back to top Go down

Is Christianity is one of the best religions? Empty Re: Is Christianity is one of the best religions?

Post by Jedi_Will Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:16 am

What if you had to say that to Jesus's or Allah's face? What do you think they would say? I think if there is a personality on God, then he would make certain everyone knew it. Why do you think Christians used to fight over their beliefs as bad Muslims in the Crusades?

Jedi_Will

Back to top Go down

Post by SinCere Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:26 pm

You've stumped me there. I would never want to offend Jesus in any way that would be a horrifying experience. I choose to follow God blindly through hope and faith. That's the way it is supposed to be so maybe all the questioning of details on how we got here and what else is out there is truly irrelevant. I have an open mind but not so open i'd let it sway my faith. I think the Christians that fight over faith are doing it out of self righteousness. Jesus and God do not want us fighting. I'm all for spreading the word and trying to get people to believe just not into pushing it on people, especially with violence. I do have some ideas that always seem to get atheist people thinking though. What I say to them makes them question themselves, making me feel good about that.

SinCere

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Will Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:55 pm

See, that's the mentality that religious people have. THey think they could actually offend or manipulate their god. It's so irrational.

Jedi_Will

Back to top Go down

Post by SinCere Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:01 pm

I didn't see it that way. Good point.

SinCere

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Will Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:58 pm

Just make God the biggest thing ever, then we (as people) don't have to worry about pleasing him/her... It has everything under control. We can live our lives without looking crazy.

Jedi_Will

Back to top Go down

Post by SinCere Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:03 pm

I love that. Well said.

SinCere

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Will Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:37 am

SinCere wrote:I love that.  Well said.

Remember when we were talking about the word "submission". And I told you that's sort of a scary word to use nowadays. Not only can it be used to take advantage of people, but on a religious note, it is the translation of what the word "Islam" is. Did you know that?

Jedi_Will

Back to top Go down

Post by SinCere Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:22 am

yes I remember that, but I don't see submission as such a bad thing, if its not extreme. I think in relationships each couple submits equally. When they are actually in real love that is.

SinCere

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Will Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:38 am

SinCere wrote:yes I remember that, but I don't see submission as such a bad thing, if its not extreme. I think in relationships each couple submits equally. When they are actually in real love that is.

Well it kind of creeps me out. I just believe in equal kindness and good manners. I see submission as a sign of fearful respect. I don't dig it. It's bad for the psychology.

Jedi_Will

Back to top Go down

Post by SinCere Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:40 am

well I guess if thats how you're looking at it, I guess i didnt think of it that way. What i mean is couples not so much submit, but compromise to meet eachother half way. No one is ever exactly alike so they compromise on certain things. Thats how i see it anyway.

SinCere

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Will Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:45 am

SinCere wrote:well I guess if thats how you're looking at it, I guess i didnt think of it that way. What i mean is couples not so much submit, but compromise to meet eachother half way. No one is ever exactly alike so they compromise on certain things. Thats how i see it anyway.

I usually don't have to compromise.  I'm too tired and just don't sweat the little things.  But there will always be those people that you can't please, even if they get their way.  For example, the devil usually gets his way and is always in a bad mood.

Jedi_Will

Back to top Go down

Post by SinCere Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:50 am

hey very good point! I don't know much lol I just always hear from relationship experts that we all have to compromise, so i go into relationships always expecting to compromise something about myself to make the other happy.

SinCere

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Will Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:58 am

SinCere wrote:hey very good point! I don't know much lol I just always hear from relationship experts that we all have to compromise, so i go into relationships always expecting to compromise something about myself to make the other happy.

Well God does the same thing with the devil. I believe the devil is a girl and God is a boy. Because God isn't gay, but he loves the devil because God loves all His creation. And God probably made the devil his wife, so beautiful and doesn't want to destroy her... So they just fight. But the Devil aka Satan... Is a bitch. But deep down She loves God.

Jedi_Will

Back to top Go down

Post by SinCere Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:00 am

If thats how you see it...I on the other hand would think that the devil would be like God's spoiled brat son, who never thought enough was enough, always wanting more. Being greedy and jealous of God in every way, letting it destroy his every being. Of course they loved each other like father and son would love each other.

SinCere

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Will Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:25 am

SinCere wrote:If thats how you see it...I on the other hand would think that the devil would be like God's spoiled brat son, who never thought enough was enough, always wanting more. Being greedy and jealous of God in every way, letting it destroy his every being. Of course they loved each other like father and son would love each other.

You're wrong... Jesus is God's Son... Remember!?  Besides, if the devil was God's son, then he would have had to come to earth and die.  God sends his family to earth to be an example for humans.  He threw down his wife, Satan, to show humans how to be bad.  And then God sent His Son, Jesus, to show humans how to be good.  It's that simple.

Jedi_Will

Back to top Go down

Post by SinCere Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:31 am

well you have got this figured out! Since I am merely a human with only "thoughts" on the subject not proof, I'll take your word for it! you make good sense.

SinCere

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum